26th April 2021
Current working arrangementsWith the easing of the lockdown rules, we are now able to carry out all essential and non-essential work. Our shop in Fraser Street is still currently closed at present but we are planning to open the doors to the public soon.
EstimatesWe are now carrying out estimates for all types of work, but we have an extremely long backlog of estimates which have been delayed due to the pandemic over the last 12 months.
General InformationIn these difficult times, it is vital that we all take steps to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We have noted below a number of actions we will be taking before we undertake work in your home.
For bill payments, these can be paid by bank transfer which you will find at the bottom of your invoice. You can also pay by card over the phone, but there is only one person handling the phone calls so please be patient and if there is no answer wait a short time and call again.
We cannot carry out any work in your home if any of the occupants are self-isolating, displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, and/or have received a positive diagnosis.
We cannot undertake work in a home where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency repairs, and where our engineer is willing to do so. In such cases, the Scottish Government can provide advice to tradespeople and households.
You will be given an approximate time of arrival and a guide to how long the work is expected to take.
It is vital for your safety and the safety of our engineers that the following Operating procedures are obeyed to make sure that you and our engineers are kept safe. We expect you, and anyone else in your household to abide by the procedures our staff will follow whilst undertaking work.
On the day of the work, we will call ahead to ask if you or any occupants of the premises have signs of the virus, have been diagnosed, or are self-isolating, and to check that you are comfortable with our visit to take place.
We will ask you to stay in another room, away from the work area(s) while the work is being carried out, and with your permission ventilate the work area where appropriate, e.g. by opening a window or door to the property.
Our engineers will undertake all necessary health and safety precautions while in your home. This will include the following.
- Washing their hands thoroughly at the start of the job, during the work and once it’s complete.
- Our engineers will carry their own hand towels and gloves will be used where appropriate.
- They will wipe down any tools and instruments before and after any work.
- They will remove and place into a disposable bag any wipes, disposable gloves used, while trying not to cross-contaminate onto any existing surfaces or persons.
- Please note that if our engineer(s) feel unsafe or at risk at any point, they will undertake a personal risk assessment and leave the premises if necessary. We will contact you to re-plan for a future date if appropriate, after ensuring everything is made safe.
It is important that all these guidelines are followed to ensure your safety as well as ours. If you have any other questions before work starts, please contact us on the number below.